Pages

Saturday 21 May 2016

Stream of Consciousness

I've been trying to show what I mean when I post one of my drawings in a "Stream of Consciouness" category, it seems a bit odd to do this with art.

But I always worked best with this type of approach. I do sketch out ideas, but these are mostly templates in my head. If I work like most people do, with a lot of construction and reflection about composition I usually end up in a dead end street, the result looks stiff and uninteresting, at least to me.


The method that works best for me is to not use the left side of my brain at all, at least not at first. I use music to guide some basic lines:






Then I will start looking for shapes, still with music:




Of course I can't use the actual music used when I post online. So I replaced the sound with something that give an idea of the method. A random song from the youtube set of free soudtracks.

I'm hoping to compile a better video for my Patreon page soon. Meanwhile I will keep on posting updates to my book there

No comments:

Post a Comment