Most of my illustrations this year were fan art or doodles, only a couple of actual illustrations, it's a bit frustrating but better than nothing.
So despite this lack of time I have decided I need a studio outside my flat a place where I go to concentrate on one task only without distraction. Plus I get to spend time with other creative people (my mum and a friend) who also rent the place, and I'll start giving classes again which should at least pay the rent
This week I finally took some time to do more backgrounds. These are my usual 50 x 70 cm sheets of thick paper, and I layer several washes of acrylics on them. It seals the paper nicely and it makes for an inspiring background, sometimes I see something and will bring it forth, sometimes I use it for a more precise idea.
These two have been done with this technique, the Eagle of which you can find the WIP here: http://dragonladych.blogspot.ch/2012/12/wip.html
Served as base for this painting:
Some of the new ones that were ok also to be used digitally (as textures in Photoshop)
I can see a Dragon in one of them...